CLOSUP Research Projects
A Program Evaluation of Operation ABC
Beginning in Fall 2008, the Center for Local, State, and Urban Policy is conducting a program evaluation to determine the effectiveness of Operation ABC in terms of improving reading skills and achievement for struggling readers in kindergarten through second grade in a number of schools in the Detroit Metro region.
Operation ABC is a new 10 year initiative of the United Way for Southeastern Michigan, which will recruit, train, and oversee two thousand adult mentor volunteers who will spend between one and five hours each week in elementary school classrooms working with young students to improve reading skills.
For more information on Operation ABC, see the United Way website.
Current CLOSUP-run Research Projects
See information on current CLOSUP research projects
Past CLOSUP-run Research Projects
- Education Policy Initiative at CLOSUP
- The Impact of the Michigan Merit Curriculum and Michigan Promise Scholarship on Student Outcomes
- A Program Evaluation of Operation ABC
- Evaluation of Teacher Effectiveness
- Fiscal Capacity of Local Governments
- Regional Governance
- CLOSUP Growth Management Survey
- Local Government Accountability
- Michigan at the Millennium
CLOSUP-sponsored Research Projects
See abstracts of CLOSUP-sponsored projects funded through the CLOSUP Policy Research Grant program