The CLOSUP Energy & Environmental Policy Initiative
CLOSUP's Energy and Environmental Policy Initiative (EEPI), launched in the fall of 2012, is a program of coordinated activities designed to bring the latest academic knowledge to bear on issues of energy, environment, and climate policy. Through a combination of research projects, events, classroom activities, and publications, EEPI seeks to inform policy-relevant discussions among policymakers and other stakeholders with new research findings.
Under the direction of professor Barry Rabe at CLOSUP, and professor Christopher Borick at Muhlenberg College, one core set of research activities in the EEPI is a series of ongoing surveys of American public opinion, conducted jointly by CLOSUP and the Muhlenberg College Institute of Public Opinion (MCIPO). Originally known as the National Survey of American Public Opinion on Climate Change, as of fall 2012 this program of research has been renamed the National Surveys on Energy and Environment (NSEE). NSEE will include twice-per-year surveys in the spring and fall focused on climate change and a wide range of related issues under the EEPI umbrella.
CLOSUP's Fracking Project, part of the wider Energy and Environmental Policy Initiative (EEPI), launched in the fall 2012 with a survey on fracking in Michigan and Pennsylvania, part of the National Surveys on Energy and Environment. The CLOSUP Fracking Project includes survey research, case studies, web-based information resources, policy events, and more, with the goal of informing policy debate around the issue of hyrdraulic fracturing for natural gas, more commonly known as "fracking."
For more information on the CLOSUP Energy & Environmental Policy Initiative, contact CLOSUP staff at 734-647-4091 or by email to email@example.com.
Energy & Environmental Policy Initiative in the News: Recent Coverage
- Freedomforce.com: FEMA To Deny Funding To States Without ‘Global Warming’ Plans, Mar 23, 2015
- sputniknews.com: Feds to Block Emergency Prep Funds from Climate Change Skeptics, Mar 23, 2015
- The Libertarian Republic: FEMA To Deny Funding To States Without ‘Global Warming’ Plans, Mar 23, 2015
- Redding Record Searchlight: FEMA to states: no climate planning, no money, Mar 19, 2015
- Inside Climate News: FEMA to States: No Climate Planning, No Money, Mar 18, 2015
- ClimateWire: U.S. drought helps increase belief in climate change, Feb 12, 2015
- The Michigan Daily: Survey finds support for federal emission limits, Jan 28, 2015
- ClimateWire: Senate's pipeline battle likely to spill over into Republican presidential debates, Jan 23, 2015
- Scientific American: Keystone XL Pipeline May Force Republicans to Embrace Climate Change , Jan 23, 2015
- The Christian Science Monitor: What are Republicans going to do about climate change?, Jan 23, 2015
Energy & Environmental Policy Initiative Resources
- See the Energy & Environmental Policy Initiative home page
- See the National Surveys on Energy and Environment home page
- See the Fracking Project home page
More on the Energy & Environmental Policy Initiative
- EEPI activities in the news, media, & blogs