The CLOSUP Energy & Environmental Policy Initiative
CLOSUP's Energy and Environmental Policy Initiative (EEPI), launched in the fall of 2012, is a program of coordinated activities designed to bring the latest academic knowledge to bear on issues of energy, environment, and climate policy. Through a combination of research projects, events, classroom activities, and publications, EEPI seeks to inform policy-relevant discussions among policymakers and other stakeholders with new research findings.
Under the direction of professor Barry Rabe at CLOSUP, and professor Christopher Borick at Muhlenberg College, one core set of research activities in the EEPI is a series of ongoing surveys of American public opinion, conducted jointly by CLOSUP and the Muhlenberg College Institute of Public Opinion (MCIPO). Originally known as the National Survey of American Public Opinion on Climate Change, as of fall 2012 this program of research has been renamed the National Surveys on Energy and Environment (NSEE). NSEE will include twice-per-year surveys in the spring and fall focused on climate change and a wide range of related issues under the EEPI umbrella.
CLOSUP's Fracking Project, part of the wider Energy and Environmental Policy Initiative (EEPI), launched in the fall 2012 with a survey on fracking in Michigan and Pennsylvania, part of the National Surveys on Energy and Environment. The CLOSUP Fracking Project includes survey research, case studies, web-based information resources, policy events, and more, with the goal of informing policy debate around the issue of hyrdraulic fracturing for natural gas, more commonly known as "fracking."
For more information on the CLOSUP Energy & Environmental Policy Initiative, contact CLOSUP staff at 734-647-4091 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Energy & Environmental Policy Initiative in the News: Recent Coverage
- Huffington Post: Stephen Harper Hoping To Silence Critics With New Greenhouse Gas Emission Targets, May 19, 2015
- Financial Times: US states seek to block city fracking bans, May 17, 2015
- KUNC FM 91.5, Northern Colorado: When Colorado Raids Severance Taxes, The 'Energy Impacted' Feel The Pinch, May 7, 2015
- KUNC FM 91.5, Northern Colorado: North Dakota Streamlines Industry Taxes Amid Low Oil Prices, May 5, 2015
- Scientific American: Clean Power Plan Would Save Thousands of Lives Each Year, May 5, 2015
- Prairie Public Radio: Inside Energy: North Dakota oil taxes (with podcast), May 4, 2015
- InsideEnergy.org: Amidst Low Prices, North Dakota Scrambles To Change Oil Tax Rate (with podcast), Apr 30, 2015
- Main Street: Barry Rabe on Taxing Oil and Gas (podcast), Apr 22, 2015
- Prairie Public Radio: Senate committee considering new oil tax bill (podcast included), Apr 22, 2015
- US News & World Report: Steyer Targets GOP 'Climate Deniers', Apr 6, 2015
Energy & Environmental Policy Initiative Resources
- See the Energy & Environmental Policy Initiative home page
- See the National Surveys on Energy and Environment home page
- See the Fracking Project home page
More on the Energy & Environmental Policy Initiative
- EEPI activities in the news, media, & blogs