The CLOSUP Energy & Environmental Policy Initiative
CLOSUP's Energy and Environmental Policy Initiative (EEPI), launched in the fall of 2012, is a program of coordinated activities designed to bring the latest academic knowledge to bear on issues of energy, environment, and climate policy. Through a combination of research projects, events, classroom activities, and publications, EEPI seeks to inform policy-relevant discussions among policymakers and other stakeholders with new research findings.
Under the direction of professor Barry Rabe at CLOSUP, and professor Christopher Borick at Muhlenberg College, one core set of research activities in the EEPI is a series of ongoing surveys of American public opinion, conducted jointly by CLOSUP and the Muhlenberg College Institute of Public Opinion (MCIPO). Originally known as the National Survey of American Public Opinion on Climate Change, as of fall 2012 this program of research has been renamed the National Surveys on Energy and Environment (NSEE). NSEE will include twice-per-year surveys in the spring and fall focused on climate change and a wide range of related issues under the EEPI umbrella.
CLOSUP's Fracking Project, part of the wider Energy and Environmental Policy Initiative (EEPI), launched in the fall 2012 with a survey on fracking in Michigan and Pennsylvania, part of the National Surveys on Energy and Environment. The CLOSUP Fracking Project includes survey research, case studies, web-based information resources, policy events, and more, with the goal of informing policy debate around the issue of hyrdraulic fracturing for natural gas, more commonly known as "fracking."
For more information on the CLOSUP Energy & Environmental Policy Initiative, contact CLOSUP staff at 734-647-4091 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Energy & Environmental Policy Initiative in the News: Recent Coverage
- newswise.com: Opinion Poll: Canada’s Climate Change Consensus Confronts Keystone, Nov 20, 2014
- Bloomberg Businessweek: Senate Rejection of Keystone XL Measure Sets Up 2015 Showdown, Nov 19, 2014
- Michigan Policy Network: Michigan Public Act 295 of 2008: Clean, Renewable, and Efficient Energy Act, Nov 13, 2014
- Interlochen Public Radio: How should states tax the new fossil-fuel boom?, Nov 12, 2014
- Michigan Radio, Stateside with Cynthia Canty: How should states tax the new fossil-fuel boom?, Nov 12, 2014
- US News & World Report: Obama's Latest Climate Goal: What It Will Take to Rein in Emissions, Nov 12, 2014
- China Policy Institute Blog: Can China hide behind the U.S. on climate change?, Nov 6, 2014
- Ford School Policy Points: Barry Rabe: Taxes on fracking? Politics in the shale era [Video], Nov 5, 2014
- InsideClimateNews.org: Climate Hawk Gives Unbeatable Fred Upton a Run for His Oil Industry Money, Nov 3, 2014
- Center Maryland: Mileah Kromer: A View from the States—Public Opinion and Hydraulic Fracturing in Maryland, New York, and Pennsylvania, Oct 26, 2014
Energy & Environmental Policy Initiative Resources
- See the Energy & Environmental Policy Initiative home page
- See the National Surveys on Energy and Environment home page
- See the Fracking Project home page
More on the Energy & Environmental Policy Initiative
- EEPI activities in the news, media, & blogs